June 20, 2011

世界童军模拟-台湾花莲 - The days at Changua (part 5)

the days at Changua



i am proud i represented my country as the only delegate on the XII World Scout Moot held in Hualien-Taiwan. i made it to Taiwan due to a scholarship offered to the Peru Scout Asociation (ASP) by the Taroko Operation. Now, on the previous post about this we left the action :) Estoy orgulloso de haber representado a mi país como su único delegado en la XII Asamblea Mundial Rover, llevada a cabo en Hualien-Taiwán. Pude participar gracias a una beca ofrecida a la Asociación de Scouts del Perú por la Operación Taroko. Ahora, en el post anterior de este tema dejamos la acción cuando mi mamá me dijo por teléfono que mi pasaporte había expirado.


*****


2004 Changua, Taiwan
XII World Scout Moot
EC4 Welcome Gate


A nice idea for the Moot was to have "Expedition Centers", so people could get to know different parts of Taiwan... i picked up randomly the number 4 because its logo had a big Buda on it, and certainly i didn't care much because i was very excited just of being part of the Moot. So, after Linkou, Changua was on the schedule and i had to get the bus. After the rush i had while getting the bus heading to Changua (i forgot my peruvian posters on the dorm... and i recalled it when i arrived to the bus, so i went back running, and it was soooo faaaar awaaaaay... and so demanding to get through the stairs... and it was soooo hooooot!!!). Luckly, i arrive back to the bus on time :P Then, after some minutes we get to the next place: Ming Dao University. There was this very nice gate you see on the picture above. To see where the city, have fun with the map below:



Changua is on the mid-west part of Taiwan



We got some presents just because we got into the Expedition Center #4 (aka "EC4"): a small bag (excellent to carry bottles of water, the camera and a t-shirt) and the cap people are wearing around on the next picture. The 1st activity that i remember (it's been some years, please understand that memory is fragile) is that the country delegates went to print the palm of the hand on cement to leave a memorial on the university. It was a great idea considering i was the only peruvian... and so, the delegate myself :P my friend Anna Katarina (the one i met just arrived to the airport) helped me with the pictures... and i have to be very humble to admit i look like i just print my hands on the Walk of Fame #win ...come on, it does look important :)



2004 Changua, Taiwan
XII World Scout Moot
Hand Printing Event

At nights we got the usual getherings, and every team had to make some kind of performance: sing a song, some sketch. Hum... now seems to be a good time to introduce you my very nice team. After dividing the Moot into Expeditions Centers, we got the International Teams... and mine was the # 444 (freaking nice, hu?). Among the members there were Andy from Norway, Mia from Sweden, Nicole and Yogurt [金絲卷]  from Taiwán, and me... from Perú, of course :) There were more, but it's very sad that the language barrier was so high that time :(



2004 Changua, Taiwan
XII World Scout Moot
Night Event

We also took a walk in the streets, checked a botanical garden (my biologist friends Renpeli+Patty and JaviC must had been amazed there... but i studied engineering, i was not so excited), went to a Budah Monument that was imponent and where i took the picture u can see below. Now i think it was kind of unpolite to deploy my flag because nowone else is doing so and i was just 1 peruvian... everyone had the right to have their flag (well, at least a lesson for the future). Those monuments were very interesting, never saw faith in Budah before and the sanctuaries were impressive :)


2004 Changua, Taiwan
Buda Statue

One day we got into the university lake to do some kayaking... or whatever this is called. Later that day we did some team work and had a nice and great time with the challenges. All those days we had chopsticks for meals... and i got some practice on it, but getting a stake with them was hard... so as trying to get it cut. Well, back to the kayaking... my success was to remain up :) i had a lot of fun with my team mates and Anna Katarina, Eva, andy, Jenny, Abbas...


2004 Changua, Taiwan
Canoing at Ming Dao University
(if u are confussed: yeah, the univ campus got a lake on it!)


I recall, specially, the 1st night there. During the day we got to dance some latin music thanks to the Mexican Contingent, having a great time with all the people on the EC4. Before and after i made some friends just saying hi and getting to chat to the people around... and at night we had a nice welcome ceremony with a taiwanese event fashion where we saw local designes, a powerful drum-show along with a dragon dance over some poles... amazing! there were also some dancing and finally... fireworks. But not just common fireworks. I saw the Disney ones... and these had nothing to envy them! We all were so amazed by them that i can short our thoughts under Anna Katarinna comment: "WOW, i can't believe what i just saw... and we are just... scouts!". It was amazing, incredible... and that first night ended with the following letters:



Fireworks Finally... simply: "amazing"


*****

Go check the World Organization of the Scout Movement and check for some evens, if you want...
But if you are a scout, i really really tell you: go to an international activity, but be responsible with the documents u need to handle ;) It made me very sad not to be able to go to Kenya for the last Moot :( Puedes ver la página de la Organización Mundial del Movimiento Scout y revisar algunos eventos, si quieres... pero si eres scout, te digo... y te lo digo muy bien: ve a una actividad internacional, y se cuidadoso con los documentos que manejes ;) Me dio mucha pena no poder ir a Kenya para el último Moot :(





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or
copyright violation? My site has a lot of completely unique
content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help prevent content from being stolen? I'd really appreciate it.
My web page :: seo myths

Anonymous said...

Heya! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!
Also visit my blog post :: degrees of financial literacy

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about
this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with
a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.
My page affordable health insurance

Anonymous said...

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with
my facebook group? There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

my website ... product reviews

Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind letting me know which
webhost you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in 3 different
browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a fair price?
Kudos, I appreciate it!

Also visit my homepage ... shopping bags
My webpage: http://www.flokib.at

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your information – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail
and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content.

Ensure that you update this again soon.

Also visit my webpage Fiber Supplements Especially

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. That is an extremely smartly written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more
of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.


Feel free to visit my site; keittokirja.arska.org

Anonymous said...

Great post.

my website - internet business make money online

Anonymous said...

Good blog post. I absolutely appreciate this site.
Keep writing!

Feel free to surf to my web blog shopping gadgets

Anonymous said...

We absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be precisely what I'm
looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for
yourself? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome web log!

My blog post www.remembermetillwemeetagain.com

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this web site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check
back later and see if the problem still exists.



Feel free to surf to my site: stop smoking methods

Anonymous said...

Hello to all, the contents existing at this website are actually remarkable for people experience, well, keep up the good work
fellows.

Also visit my blog post - calcium supplements

Anonymous said...

My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .
net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.

But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on
several websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform.
I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a
way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Take a look at my web blog coffee school

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I like your website and want to share software that helps you rank #1 in Google for your keyword. It's 100% FREE!! To try for 14 days! Don't take my word for it, visit the website watch the videos and try the software yourself and see tons of traffic coming to your websites to start making a ton of cash online!

http://senukextrial.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful website. Plenty of helpful information here. I'm sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your sweat!

Here is my web blog :: vintage clothing stores in nashville