Today is my birthday... and i wanted to share something about myself. Since i don't like sharing deep stuff... i though of something nice and hopefuly interesting: the meaning of my name. It turned to be interesting when i got to Poland a couple of years ago and discovered myself it had a meaning beyond the root but as slang. Anyway, lets start with the Wikipedia definition... and then the interestings ones, later is up to you to valid the meanins you find here.
|Alfonso's the X Chronicle (Valladolid, 1554)|
Alfonso (Source: Wikipedia)
Alfonso (Italian and Spanish), Alfons (Catalan, Dutch, German and Polish), Afonso (Portuguese and Galician), Affonso (Ancient Portuguese), Alphonse, Alfonse (Italian, French and English), Αλφόνσος (Alfonsos, Alphonsos) (Greek), Alphonsus (Latin), Alphons (Dutch), Alfonsu in (Leonese) or Alphonso (English and Filipino) is a masculine name, originally from the Gothic language, Alfonsas (Lithuanian).
The original meaning of the name is uncertain. It could be derived from adal "noble" and funs "ready" or from the name Hildefuns, which is preserved in the Spanish and Portuguese Ildefonso (Latinised as Ildephonsus) and means "battle ready" (hild "battle" combined with funs "ready"). In any case is almost certainly of Germanic and not of Latin origin.
Alfonso (Source: UrbanDictionary)
1. A Russian Gigolo. Usually a male, tall, dark and handsome, one with who women want to sleep with.
Xenia: Man that guy is a total Alfonso
2. King of Spain from 1886-1931
Bow down Alfonso has just entered the room!
3. Dark, muscular, hot. loves sports, mainly football. preferrs mango butter globs smushed on his face. complete goofball. watch out, when he farts, he kills plants and bugs that are around. likes to be a tour guide when he drives people around and has a ridiculously good sense of direction. he is very funny, definitely knows how to light up a room. sexy eyes. easy to fall in love with.
4. Usually a well of knowledge. dig deep and you'll know more. He is generally well-spoken, fluent in more than one language, a bit nerdy and loves books. This greek god usually hangs out in libraries, museumss, or regular streets. but will never invite you to a movie. Scares easily, it is advisable to handle with care and never call out his name too loudly. he might remain in shock if so. He can be both Man and Boy, depending on who is adressing him.
"Oh, just what i needed! an Alfonso in my life! what more could a woman ask for?"
5. Alfonso is a strong (mentally and physically), caring, unconditionally loving person. He makes friends very easily and tends to be loved by many. If you ever come in contact with an Alfonso, get to know him, because you'll never meet another guy like him. I know i'm never giving up my Alfonso. He is a loving and crazy person, who i love so much. He can get you through just about any bad day. He can lift your spirits within 2 seconds. Alfonso is the kind of person you just want to see all the time, hug, and never let go. If i ever lose my Alfonso, i don't know what i'd do. Alfonso is a happy, wild but calm, silly but serious human being. All Alfonso's are great, But my Alfonso is the best.
Person #1: Ugh i could really use some cheering up right now!!
Person#2: Just talk to Alfonso, he can make anyone happy!