August 9, 2011

WSJ2011 - Getting to the camp site (part 2)

Getting to the camp site (part 2)




Once more the scouting world gathers again for a massive event, this time in Kristianstad - Sweden. I am lucky i can participate here, and here i'm sharing some stuff around it. You can check the previous post here. Una vez más el Escultismo mundial se junta en un Jamboree, esta vez cerca de la ciudad sueca de Kristianstad. Tengo la suerte de poder participar, y aqui publicaré algunas cosas que vayan pasando. Puedes ver el artículo anterior haciendo click aquí.


*****

Well, my Plan "A" failed... but not totally, since i did arrived to Malmö. I just didn't count on some stuff:
  • The boat ride will take me to Helsinborg instead of Malmö.
  • I needed a transportation card to get into the bus in Sweden.
  • There was nowhere to buy this card on the place i arrived to.
  • The freaking card would be so expensive.
  • Even when expensive, the card gave me a flat rate for all my transportation (train + bus).
  • Swedish bus drivers were nice.
  • I would need accomodation 1 night out of my schedule.

Regarding this last point, i was very lucky that my friend Juan from Mexico was in Lund right on those days... and that i got his phone number. He helped not to be bedless the night of the 20th of July... Dziekuje Janek!!

Janek just arrived to the Train Station to pick me up and safe me from a bedless night
2011 Lund, Sweden


So it was not that bad at all, since it was my 1st time sailing for real (and i mean beyond a 30-minutes-touristic-trip), got my card to travel to other cities by trains, take as many buses as i want... and of course, get some nice stories to publish here :P My travelling map turned into the following, not sooo far away from my plan, but real more interesting:




View F 2011 - World Jamboree, part2 in a larger map


I never did tourism right in the middle of a raining day... but since i'm so far away from home i just thought it would be pointless to remain sit and comfortable... so i took my camera and my very creepy+short raincoat and went for some good pics! ...at Malmö, Lund, Helsinborg and Ystad.


Going around with Janek (MEX) and Sebastian (POL),
thanks to our JoJo SummerCard (flat transportation expenses!!)
2011 Lund

Relaxing at the end of the day with a very expensive beer
and the most expensive half-sandwich ever
2011 Lund

Amazing piece of architecture in Malmö: The Turning Torso
2011 Malmö


The rain won't stop me to go anywhere...
2011 Ystad



Janek smiling next to the main fountain
2011 Ystad

Poor umbrella... it doesn't know what's comming on the next hours
2011 Helsinborg


Fighting the rain... but it looks i'm not winning
2011 Helsinborg

=P
2011 Helsinborg

So, after some days i thought that i didn't need to get back to Kobenhavn to get to the campsite... i can go on my own since i have my beautiful JoJo Summer Card :) ...so, i'll pack in Malmö and go by train and by myself... Jamboree, here i go!!


All packed... scout shirt + scarf on... lets go!!

(to be continued...)

*****

Go check the World Organization of the Scout Movement and check for some evens, if you want...
But if you are a scout, i really really tell you: go to an international activity and enjoy it as much as you can, and you'll have the time of your life. Puedes ver la página de la Organización Mundial del Movimiento Scout y revisar algunos eventos, si quieres... pero si eres scout, te digo... y te lo digo muy bien: ve a una actividad internacional y diusfruta todo lo que puedas, pues es algo espectacular.

  

No comments: